Table of Contents
After completing the chapter, you should be:
- Aware of different storage solutions and their advantages and disadvantages;
- Able to plan a storage strategy adequate to the needs of your project;
- Able to plan a backup and disaster recovery strategy to ensure that no data loss, e.g. through human error or hardware failure, will occur during the project;
- Able to decide when and how to protect your data against unauthorised access with strong passwords and encryption.
- Able to answer the DMP questions which are listed at the end of this chapter and adapt them to your own DMP.
Author and guide of this chapter
Jonas Recker | GESIS
As a member of the CESSDA Training team, one of my tasks is to help researchers keep their data alive and kicking throughout the research process.
This chapter is based on information which was put together by the UK Data Service (2017), the online course Research Data MANTRA (EDINA and Data Library, University of Edinburgh, 2017) and Essentials 4 Data Support (RDNL, n.d.).