The CESSDA Trust Support Group consists of a core group of five persons representing five CESSDA Service Providers with comprehensive experience with certification, as well as a wider group representing all CESSDA members and aspirant members. The goal of the group's activities is to support and advise members and aspirant members in all trust-related issues (CoreTrustSeal, Annex 2, etc.).
The group has three core activities:
- Support and Training - assist all Service Providerss (including those of aspiring members) in acquiring and prolonging the DSA certification and complying to the Annex 2 obligations.
- Review of the CESSDA Obligations compliance - get in touch with other CESSDA working groups and work plan task groups (for example the metadata group, the metadata harvesting group, technical service development, the ELSST group) to gain information on the details of the various Annex 2 obligations (see the CESSDA statutes).
- Certification watch - get in touch with a number of certification bodies (CoreTrustSeal and possibly nestorSeal and ISO16363) to appropriately respond to future adaptions.
This core group aims to monitor and advise on needs regarding technical services.
CESSDA’s technical infrastructure and services will be technology intensive but decentralised, requiring a common platform to ensure interoperability and an efficient and sustainable model for the future, as described by the CESSDA WG2 on Technical Services.
The technical framework outlined by the CESSDA Technical Framework Project currently at work distinguishes between general sets of common standards to follow and the more practical tools, tests and common repositories necessary to handle and guide everyday development work and to ensure that CESSDA has control over products. These general rules of best practice need to be maintained, kept up-to-date and in sync with CESSDA's needs.
In addition, future work needs to be planned and specified following CESSDA's general policies and priorities.
The CESSDA Training Group is a space for cooperation among all training practitioners within CESSDA Service Providers and acts as an advisory body to the work of CESSDA Training. Its main functions are:
- Identifying the training needs of the CESSDA community and its users and supporting CESSDA Training to prioritise these needs.
- Promoting training harmonisation across training providers within the CESSDA community and advising CESSDA Training on harmonisation actions.
- Identifying new trends in training across the community.
Representatives from all Service Providers that offer trainings of any form are invited to this group. The main topics are Research Data Management and Data Discovery.
The purpose of this group is to jointly plan activities, budgets, coordinate efforts in project proposal writing and submission, as well as to monitor, support conduct and document administrative and financial aspects of the ongoing projects within CESSDA to assure the timely delivery of project outputs.
Members of the group should work closely with the management staff of each Service Provider so as to ensure that CESSDA's projects are both on schedule and receiving sufficient local support in terms of human, administrative and other available resources.