EERAdata online workshop & hackathon - FAIR and open principles and METADATA for low carbon energy
Towards a FAIR and open data ecosystem in the low carbon energy research community.
Together, we will explore "FAIR principles and METADATA for low carbon energy".
The workshop is structured in plenary sessions with lectures and discussions and break out groups to work on four different use cases.
Objectives of the workshop & hackathon:
- Learn about FAIR and open data practices in the energy and other research communities;
- Choose selected databases to be investigated in use cases. Discuss and summarize the reasons for selection.
- Analyze the state of FAIR/O principles for the selected database (with the help of the questionnaire and FAIR/O assessment tools).
- Evaluate the state of FAIR/O principles for the metadata of selected databases.
- Suggest general principles for the design of metadata (use-case- and domain-specific),
- Discuss top-level metadata adhering to FAIR/O principles (use-case- and domain-specific),
- Learn about the FAIRification of Data Management Plans (DMP).
A detailed agenda is available EERAdata WIKI.
The EERAData project website is being launched ahead of the workshop.