Greek Service Provider of CESSDA gets funding for open data project
Our Greek service provider has obtained a new project, "So.Da.Net in Action". The So.Da.Net network is the Greek research infrastructure for the social sciences.
This project will support the further development and design of a research infrastructure for social sciences for Greece, in which various types of open data are accumulated and documented. These include documentation projects, a series of studies, cubes and metadata packages.
The project is coordinated by the Social Data Bank of EKKE and it will receive 1 million EUR for the next three years (running from September 2018 to October 2021).
The main objectives are for So.Da.Net to:
- Be compatible with the technology and procedures of CESSDA ERIC;
- Operate as Register of Empirical Research and Data Sets as well as National Depository of Social Data;
- Be established and operate with the support of a network of research institutions and a grid of research infrastructures;
- Systematically support interdisciplinary research in the area of research infrastructures with an emphasis on knowledge management, language and data;
- Conduct surveys through CAI systems for the needs of the scientific community and/or third parties; and finally
- Create an E-learning environment and digital content for training and educational purposes.
EKKE also joined another research infrastructure this summer, CLARIN (European Research Infrastructure for Language Resources and Technology). Clarin:el organised a workshop on Language Data and Technologies in Social and Political Sciences specifically targeted at its newest institutional repositories, namely the National Center for Social Research (EKKE) and the Panteion University, both members of SoDaNet.
The workshop took place on 27 June 2018 and attracted researchers from the National Centre for Social Research (EKKE), the Service Provider of SoDaNet to CESSDA ERIC, as well as academics and post doctorals students of the Panteion university (also a member of Sodanet).