CESSDA tools & services
Online / any
CESSDA® Roadshow on COVID-19
The CESSDA® Roadshow series kicks off with a deep dive on COVID-19 on 30 September 2021, highlighting cross-national datasets and surveys in the Data Catalogue (CESSDA DC®) with a practical guide and demo on how to discover them.
Designed as a practical deep dive, the CESSDA® Roadshow on COVID-19 brings together researchers and service providers on how to use and re-use the reservoir of CESSDA® COVID-19 resources for the social sciences, such as national data archives, surveys and gender-related studies. Participants will learn about real-world examples of fast-track publication and collaboration.
Sessions on the CESSDA Data Management Expert Guide® give a practical guide on data discovery, archiving and publishing routes, as well as European diversity. Interactive discussions bring insights into societal impacts from a CESSDA COVID-19 Ambassador and Eurodoc, the European Council of Doctoral Candidates and Junior Researchers. The event wraps-up with more interactive discussions on how CESSDA and its service providers are supporting researchers on global challenges.
- 14:00-14:05: Welcome and Overview of the Roadshow, Marieke Willems, Trust-IT
- 14:05-14:20: Places to find COVID data and what data is available, Alle Bloom, UKDA
- 14:20-14:30: Demo on how to search the CESSDA DC®, Alle Bloom, UKDA
- 14:30-14:50: Data production and re-use of datasets, Julia Partheymüller, AUSSDA Work less, help out more? The persistence of gender inequality in housework and childcare during UK COVID-19 - Zamberlan et al. Anna Zamberlan, Filippo Gioachin, Davide Gritti, University of Trento
- 14:50-15:00: Interactive panel discussion, Moderator, Marieke Willems with Helena Laaksonen, TUNI (FI) and Giulia Malaguarnera, Eurodoc
- 15:00-15:05: Virtual Refreshment Break
- 15:05-15:15: CESSDA DMEG® - Data Discovery, Archiving and Publication Routes, European Diversity, Ricarda Braukmann, DANS
- 15:15-15:30: How CESSDA DMEG® supports publication in the social sciences, Ricarda Braukmann, DANS and Otto Bodi, AUSSDA
- 15:30-15:55: Interactive discussion the societal impacts of COVID-19 dataset, re-use and fast-track publication
- 15:55-16:00: Interactive poll and wrap-up of main takeaways
This event starts on September 30 at 14:00 CEST.