CESSDA ROLE: Beneficiary
DURATION: 2015 - 2019
BUDGET: EUR 8 884 397
AGREEMENT NO. 654221
Synergies for Europe’s Research Infrastructures in the Social Sciences (SERISS) is a four-year project that aims to strengthen and harmonise social science research across Europe.
Focused around three key themes – key challenges facing cross-national data collection, breaking down barriers between research infrastructures, and embracing the future of social sciences – SERISS will address issues relating to survey design and data collection, data management and curation from a collaborative, cross-national perspective. The project will better equip Europe’s social science data infrastructures to play a major role in addressing the key societal challenges facing Europe today and ensure that national and European policymaking is built on a solid base of the highest-quality socio-economic evidence.
The SERISS Consortium involves six research infrastructures representing data users and producers across Europe:
- European Social Survey (ESS ERIC)
- Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe (SHARE ERIC)
- Consortium of European Social Science Data Archives (CESSDA ERIC)
- Generations and Gender Programme (GGP)
- European Values Study (EVS)
- WageIndicator Survey (WageIndicator)