GESIS - Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences
CESSDA Training Days
GESIS will host a two-day event showcasing diverse training resources on both tools and services, several produced in 2019. There will be two tracks of events. The first is directed toward training resources for researchers. The second track will be on resources for direct use by service provider staff. Some of these might include how staff can support researchers using their resources. There will be materials at both introductory and advanced levels, and formats will be varied, including presentations, video, demonstrations, and workshops.
Tools and Services for Service Provider (or other repository) staff
- Introduction to Digital Preservation – for new service provider staff
- Preparing Metadata for the CESSDA Data Catalogue
- CESSDA Vocabulary Service
- Documentation and Metadata for Geodata
- Documentation and Metadata for Social Media Data
Tools and Services for Researchers
- Harmonization of variables, including case studies with real data
- Geodata Referencing with ESS Case Study
- Data Linking – Surveys, Social Media, and Geo data
Find out more and register here.
Material from the CESSDA Training Days has been made available via Zenodo and Youtube. Please see the full list of content available for download: