Data discovery & use
Research data management
Workshop: Working with European Union Labour Force Survey (EU LFS) 2019
GESIS is organizing a workshop on the European Union Labour Force Survey (EU LFS). The course is aimed at post-graduate and senior researchers from throughout Europe, who are seeking to conduct research on the basis of the EU LFS. Besides highlighting the legal and administrative aspects of data access, data Structure, and data Management, the course will demonstrate the possibilities of the EU LFS in a hands‐on computer session which will explore the potential for both international as well as longitudinal analysis. Basic understanding in multivariate statistical methods and Stata will be required.The course will take place in Mannheim, Germany from 27 to 29 November 2019.
The course will consist of the following parts:
- Day 1: Introduction into EU LFS
- Day 2: Practical Training Session I and II (Data Structure, Data Management, Retrospective Data, Panel Analysis)
- Day 3: Practical Training Session III (Multilevel Analysis)
For more details, please see the Preliminary Programme
- Participation is limited to researchers whose organization has been recognized as a research entity by EUROSTAT. Before registration, please check whether your organization has been recognized. In case your organization is not recognized, you first have to apply for recognition via Eurostat.
- The course fee is 180 Euros. Participants have to cover their own expenses for travel and accommodation.
- Registration for the EU-LFS Workshop can be made via our registration site.
Deadline for registration is September 30th, 2019.
For further information, please visit our LFS Workshop website.