CESSDA ROLE: Coordinator
DURATION: 2015 - 2017
BUDGET: EUR 2 498 187
AGREEMENT NO. 674939
Strengthening and widening the European infrastructure for social science data archives
The primary ambition of the project was to establish the conditions for, and initiate the movement towards, a seamless social science data archive service for the whole of the European Research Area (ERA), which is capable of supporting the research needs of the next generation of social scientists wherever in Europe they may be, or beyond.
The overarching impact of the project was to initiate the transformation of the user experience of social science data in the ERA, resulting in a transformation of the evidence and insight available to those tackling the social and economic issues of Europe.
The widened membership must form a strong network where global best practice is built into the infrastructure of European social science and research.
Membership of CESSDA should thus mean membership of a world-class support infrastructure. Links will therefore be established with equivalent infrastructures on other continents. A coordinated collaboration and consultation with transnational European stakeholders (e.g. Eurostat, the European Parliament, the Council of the EU, etc.) will bring benefits to all national CESSDA Members.
Furthermore, the visibility of the CESSDA research infrastructure and its importance in providing evidence for policymaking will therefore be greatly enhanced.
The project had 11 beneficiaries and 14 LTPs.
- CESSDA AS, Norway (coordinator)*
- Charles Beagrie Limited, UK
- Ethniko Kentro Koinonikon Erevnon (EKKE), Greece
- Tarki Alapitvany (Tarki Foundation), Hungary
- Tartu Ulikool (UTARTU), Estonia
- University College Dublin, National University of Ireland, Dublin (NUID UCD), Ireland
- Instituto de Ciencias Sociais da Universidade de Lisboa (ICS-ULisboa), Portugal
- Filozofski fakultet Sveučilišta u Zagrebu (FFZG), Croatia
- Institut Ekonomskih Nauka (IEN), Serbia
- Sociologicky Ustav Slovenskej Akademie Vied (SU SAV), Slovakia
* CESSDA Service Providers are involved in the project via CESSDA AS as linked third parties (LTPs).
The duration of the action was 24 months.
Read more: http://cessdasaw.eu
All project deliverables are available here: http://cessdasaw.eu/deliverables/
Disclaimer: This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement number 674939.